|“I can't get over how small you are!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Portal wiki by expanding it.
This is the thirty-eighth level of the game and takes place within Aperture Science Enrichment Sphere #1. This level introduces Repulsion Gel, and way in which it can be used to the player's advantage when combined with momentum. This level features Goo as its main hazard.
- Test Chambers 01 & 02
- Sphere 01
- Construction Area (in-between chambers 01-02)
- Go through Old Aperture's Test Track and plug GLaDOS in Chell's portal gun.
- Wait for the door to open and then go along the catwalk to the first Enrichment Sphere.
- Jump forwards to the gel and then to the floor.
- Place portals on the wall next to you and the other higher up over the ledge. Go through the portal.
- Jump forwards from the ledge to the gel and then to the exit-area.
- Push the switch and then go get the cube.
- Pick up the cube, jump to the gel and continue to the portals you've already placed.
- Place the cube on the button.
- Jump from the ledge to the gel and then to the exit-area.
- Go to the exit, walk up the stairs and fire a portal on the wall higher up.
- Turn to the left and fire a portal on the wall on the left of the catwalk and go through the portal.
- Head to the left and jump down to the catwalk. Go up the stairs and turn left and enter the test area.
- Jump from the gel to the ledge behind it. Place a portal on the wall and the other to the opposite wall.
- Fire the other portal on the ceiling of the moving platform. Wait until the platform is in the right place and then go through the portal.
- Take the cube from the wall and drop down.
- Jump again from the gel to the ledge while holding the cube with you. Shoot portals to the wall on the opposite side and next to you. Go through the portal with the cube and place the cube on the button.
- The button turned a panel higher up. Shoot a portal on the panel and go through the portal next to you.
- Land on the gel and then to the level higher up.
- You should jump at the gel wall and at the same time move forward so that you move to the opposite side.
- Pick up the cube and do the same again. Then place the cube on the button.
- Go through the Emancipation Grill and fire a portal on the panel. Then fall down to the left.
- Put the other portal next to you and go through it.
- Using the gel, jump to the exit-area and then go through the door.
- Go along the catwalk to the elevator.
- Enrichment Sphere 1 is made out of two enrichment spheres. The first one is dark, most of the props have no textures and puzzles aren't existent, and the second one is the one playable in-game. The player gets teleported from the first one to the second one during the activation of lights. A similar solution is used in Chapter 4, Test Chamber 21.
Second part of the sphere.
Enrichment Sphere 1 seen out of map.
The first version of the sphere seen from a different angle. The player gets teleported out of it right after lights turn on.
Download demo file
You are Not Part Of the Control Group by Aperture Science Psychoacoustics Laboratory [3:24] | Download | Play